But before you say "Yes" to the idea, consider:
1. The competitive advantage is yours. Some job seekers mistkenly believe hiring stops during the summer. Yes, it slows, but does not stop. However, many who believe this myth will stop their searches for a while, unknowingly lessening the compeitition. If you hang in there, the the advantage is yours!
2. A week off, will actually cost you 3!
1. First, there is the week (if not more) before your vacation that you spend getting ready to go on vacation.
2. Second, there is the week of your vacation.
3. Third, there is the week after your vacation which you spend trying to get back into the swing of hunting for a new job.
A better strategy is to defer your vacation until you land your new job, and then you'll really have somthing to celebrate on your week away!
3. If you're still determined to go, then at least be smart about it:
1. Research the area you’ll be visiting. Identify prospective employers, staffing firms, and network contacts in the area of your vacation, and contact them ahead of time and try to set a few appointments while you’re in their area.
2. Keep your search going back home. Advise hot employment prospects that you will be out of the area for “ __X__” period of time, and attempt to step up your interviews for the week after you return.
3. Network from afar. With today’s technology, you can network via your computer and phone from afar. Set aside an hour or two in the early or late hours of the day to stay in touch and connected!
Helping people grow their
Let us help you strategize how to plan a change, implement your plan, or get your transition back on track. Let us help you achieve your goals!This week's featured article: Delivering An Effective Presentation in an Interview
Bronze Service Level: Learn how to build a resume and use it to get a job.
Silver Service Level: Learn how to use your resume to market yourself and "show & sell" employers the benefits of hiring you.
Gold Service Level: Comprehensive approach. Develop a full complement of personal-professional marketing tools and your networking and interviewing skills to advance your career.
Platinum Service Level: Join the club . . . and we will stick with you from the beginning of your career quest to its fruition. Limited availability and membership by Invitation Only.
Other Ways We Can Help
◆❖◆ Speaking and Presentations
◆❖◆ Training Workshops
◆❖◆ Individual Coaching Appointments
◆❖◆ Articles for Publication
Please contact us for the help you may need.
Nancy Founder AJC - Career Strategy © Nancy@ajcglobal.com