Sunday, Mar 1, 2015 . . . . . Job seeking? There are many factors that the hiring team considers besides technical competence.
In addition to (1) “Competence:” Can you do the job?, the team considers . . .
(2) “Compensation:” Can we afford you?
(3) “Culture:” Do you fit our organizational culture? How do you do things, manage problems, make decisions, get things done? Does this fit with the way we make decisions, solve problems, and get things done? Do your values and ethics mesh with ours?
(4) “Chemistry:” Do we like you enough to be want to be around you? When we are working long days against a deadline, what will you be like to work with?
Job seekers, don’t kid yourself: items 3 and 4 are just as influential - if not more so - than items 1 and 2. All 4 hiring factors count as the employer makes their hiring decision.
Help for your Career Challenges
Find helpful and up-to-date information on how to navigate a career transition and achieve your goals. Get the:
● Technical know-how,
● Subtle understandings of how hiring happens, and
● Emotional support that a job seeker needs to find success.
Articles, tips, and FAQs - here in the AJC - Career Strategy © website This week's featured article: Face Your Fear and NETWORK!
Resume Reviews - 1-hour review of your resume
Interview Coaching and Guidance
Coaching on your job search
Planning a strategic job search
Appointments for questions about your search
Presentations on topics relevant to how to search for a new position or professional role
Workshops for job seekers
Assessments of your capabilities, attitudes, and aptitude to hone your job search
Tools and Templates to assist and guide you in resume writing, networking, marketing yourself, and interviewing
I hope you will find the help you need for a successful job search here at AJC - Career Strategy ©. Contact me with your questions, insights, and stories. Let me help you achieve your career goals. Nancy Founder AJC - Career Strategy © Nancy@ajcglobal.com